15 October 2009

fear and children's books

So I haven't updated since my first post because, frankly, I've been a little nervous about it. I've never put anything I've written out for people to read on any sort of a regular basis besides my facebook statuses, and that hardly counts. I mean, you really only have to be able to say something other than "goin to teh movies l8r, wanna come" or other some such nonsense, and voila! A facebook status that rises above the norm and makes you look like a genius next to about 95% of the general public. All that to say, I am just a little afraid that people will find their way to my page, read what I have written, and wonder why I bother.

Now that I've gotten that little self-conscious, revelatory tidbit out of the way...

One of the many things that has been on my list of life accomplishments for some time now is becoming a published children's book author. I'm not anticipating and/or desiring insane amounts of greatness and renown, but I love children's books, and I would love to be able to take my baby sister into a bookstore someday and find my book on a shelf somewhere. Plus, I have a billion ideas floating around in my brain for them... so now I just need to start getting them on paper. I already have an illustrator in mind (mommy!).

My latest idea involves a book of ridiculous poetry, a few poems of which I started mentally writing while I lather-rinse-repeated this morning. Maybe I'll leave a preview soon?

In other news, it snowed today in the Southern Tier. I love snow and winter, but I would kind of like to enjoy autumn first. I'm so conflicted.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

Danielle! I want to read your children's books too. I've actually thought of writing one myself, but at this point I've lost all my ideas. I AM going to read your blog, but it would be better to get coffee with you and hear you lovely voice. I miss you, lovely girl.

la bonita said...

Haha, you know what's funny, I went to comment here and...I already did!