24 January 2011

the easiest test I'll ever pass

This morning, I had to come out early to Rochester for my drug test for Mary Cariola. I definitely have no cause to be nervous, but I also wasn't exactly excited by the thought of having hair clipped from several places on my head to be tested in a lab. It's kind of just weird.

The place was really nice. I walked in & there wasn't a soul in the waiting room, which is always a good sign. I filled out my paperwork, sat there awkwardly for a few minutes, and finally my name was called. I was about 5 feet from the door when the woman, who looked far too posh to be stuffed in a doctor's office said, "Oh my gosh, look how cute you are!"

Let me tell you, internet, I was expecting to lose hair; I was expecting to sign papers. Having someone fawn over my good-smelling hair, my "cute personality," and my "ADORABLE OUTFIT," and lamenting over the lack of engagement ring on my finger (hey, she asked) was so not what I expected. It almost kind of makes me want to go back for another drug test the next time I'm needing a little self-esteem boost. Do they allow purposeless drug tests?

As I left her office, she called after me, "baby doll, you call me up when you get that ring!"

She was just so sweet, I kind of actually want to.

No comments: