22 January 2011

a jungian field day

Okay folks, this dreaming business is getting out of control.

In the last three nights, I've had three terrible dreams. About three people whom I love dearly who don't just hate me in Dream World, they want me to either be killed violently or to live miserably. Uplifting, right?

I won't name names just because that could get awkward, but so far, this is what I've been up against:

1) The first night, I was being chased and psychologically tortured, and finally, I ended up locking myself in a little room in a basement while Maniac Dream Person was scratching crazily and blood-thirstily at the door so he could get in and kill me. No, tear me to shreds. Then I woke up.

2) The second night, the person just plain hated me. She said horrible things to me, about me, and looked at me with more contempt in her eyes than I've ever seen in real life. The worst part was that in my dream, I was well aware of the fact that we had been dear friends at one point, so it made the sadness (& creepiness) of it all so much more painful. (Maniac Dream Person #2 actually knows that I had this dream, and she is not the least bit evil in real life, nor does she hate me. Although after that dream, I won't say I didn't need a little reassuring.)

3) The third night was another one that didn't want me dead but wanted me very, very unhappy. This one is harder to explain properly without giving away the real-life person, but I'll just say this: this person knew that if she replaced me with a certain other person, it would destroy my world. In too many ways to count. So she did it, and she looked like she actually enjoyed the resulting pain.

Had these dreams all come after I watched Black Swan last night, I might just brush them off as after-shocks from a psychologically-draining (not to mention INSANE) movie. The problem with that is they started before the movie, so now I can't blame them on the movie. The other problem is that I know I can be insecure, but BROTHER, this is just ridiculous. Is my subconscious trying to tell me something? Gracious.

1 comment:

la bonita said...

I just saw this and I am sorry you are having terrible dreams. I love you even if I ever say I don't in a dream.